Monday, May 02, 2011

Sketch 49 - You Wish...

... you were this pretty! I love Siberian tigers. They are amazing creatures. I was hoping to hear back from a couple I have recently fell in love with  so I could draw their picture for today but maybe it will be for tomorrow. Mind you I really shouldn't get my hopes up because they are so popular that they met almost all my favorite kpop idols (~jealous~).

Today I basically did some translations and relaxed while watching the you tube videos of the couple listed above. Also got some laundry done. Actually while typing this Richard was looking at the TRON and Daft Punk headphones that just came out by Monster. Man they look so cool! I wouldn't mind a pair (and same for him) when we can get our finances in order/ goals achieved lol.

So big news in Canada. Tomorrow (which actually in the time of posting this is today) is our Federal elections. This should be big news but really isn't to most. I'm not sure who I'm gonna vote for. Definitely not the liberals but I'm torn between the Conservatives and the NDP.  The NDP or New Democratic Party offers change but said change usually consists of raising taxes to help pay for it while the conservatives are basically just gonna work to improve what we already have. Now the way an election is won in Canada is strange. You don't necessarily win by the amount of votes. In federal elections, Canadians vote for members of parliament. The leader of the party with the most members elected (there are 308 seats) then becomes the prime minister. The current Conservative minority government has 143 seats and is headed by Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Since we do not directly elect the prime minister, Canadians must consider the impact of our votes on multiple levels. It doesn’t take a majority to rule or to win an election in Canada. If you’ve got six candidates running, you don’t need 50 percent of the vote to win. Simply the one who has the highest percentage wins. In doing so our elections tend to take less time and are more fluid then presidential elections in the states.

Anyways that's enough of that boring talk and I am off to bed! Goodnight world! Love ya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment